Sunday, December 17, 2006

intro

I have 120 diffrent cultivars . The majority of them were planted this fall. I live near Palmer Alaska . My peonies came from several reputable nurserys. I paid full price for them. To mark them I inserted a 2ft bamboo stake then slid a six inch peice of pvc on to the bamboo, the name written on the bamboo. So far the markers are doing well, but I have a map for backup. I have several acres of forest land available and intend to plant as many as I can afford for several years. I hope that this would provide income and pleasure when I retire in about 9 years. I plan a slow steady approach to this. I am interested in the results people get from all cultivars. Cut flowers for profit are my main concern however I love the singles and want to see them in my own garden. I have read several books on peonies. I have a 1930s copy that once belonged to James Mcfarland (of roses fame). I enjoy reading and want to know the history of the people who my peonies were named after.

No comments: